City of Bath Heraldic Society Rebirth of OUHS

  The Oxford University Heraldry Society was originally founded in 1835, re-founded in 1950 as a branch of the Society of Heraldic Antiquaries (now the Heraldry Society) and was a flourishing organisation again in the 1970s and 1980s, when it became dormant until a brief revival in 2006.


Then in 2009 the late Father Mark Turnham Elvins, then Warden of Oxford Greyfriars, along with several other enthusiasts, determined to bring it back to life, since when it has maintained a lively programme of lectures and excursions.


For the Society's website, click the image to the left.

Webmaster: Andrew Gray

Update: 07/08/2015